Data warehouse design template

• Hi, are there any high level Data warehouse templates or a step by step guide of processes needed to design and implement a data warehouse for analysis services?

• This is very vague...a datawarehouse design template will vary as the business type changes...there exists no fixed template as far as i know, I might be wrong!!

What is the nature of your business?:-):-):-)

Raunak J

• Teradata and IBM has Data Warehouse models for very large businesses. I have worked on one of them for a brief time. Teradata's FS-LDM (Financial Services - Logical Data Model) and IBM's BDWM (Banking Data Warehouse Model).

I guess BDWM is derived from FSLDM. And I am not sure I can even share this more detailed information :ermm:

Edit1: see this http://mike2.openmethodology.org/wiki/Guidelines_for_Using_the_FSLDM

Edit2: I fell down my chair when I saw this list http://www.teradata.com/t/objects-twocolumn.aspx?id=4888&categoryid=232

[font="Tahoma"]'Some people still are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them... o_O 😎 '[/font]

• As mentioned the model will depened on the nature of your business, but for a guide on how to build your own one get a copy of Kimball's datawarehouse lifecycle tool-kit

• Hi, I know my question was very vague. I work for a telecommunications corp on a team that supplies inhouse reporting and applicaiton solutions for a large call center. For our reporting we have been using SQL 2005 (rdbms) reporting services for call center metrics ie, call loads and sales. My boss was shown a report deck from another team using 'Business Objects' I suspect they were using a SAP product. It was described to her as a data warehouse. She is asking our team to produce something similar for reporting and forecasting and I was asked to prepare a high level swag of how long and what it would take to create a data warehouse. I know it's potentially a large project so I would like some sort of step by step guide on the process if possible.

• The best is as Steve suggested...

Raunak J

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply