Database Administration Certification

• I doubt it'll be one book this time around.  MS has been working their pants off trying to make all the certs harder, with lots of simulations and bizarre bits and pieces from just about everywhere.

Then again, I haven't taken the test yet myself.  I'm basing this off things I've heard from those who have. 

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• i haven't seen any braindumps floating around, but i've seen different study guides and it's nothing too difficult. like every MS test you have to take the time to study it.

most people use only some of the features and the test covers everything so you have to learn everything. test also assumes there aren't any bugs in the software.

• I studied for 431 from just Books Online and the Pocket administrator's guide. I took the requirement list from MS site and went through each them one by one.

That said, I wrote before the simulations were added, so mine was just multi choice. There were some very obscure questions though.

The biggest problem is that the exam covers a lot of ground and there will very likely be questions across the board, so you have to know lots of stuff very well.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply