"Database 'COMMON' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details."

• what is the status of your database?

check the status using sp_helpdb

• Ratheesh.K.Nair (4/22/2009)

what is the status of your database?

check the status using sp_helpdb

I am not sure whether this command works if the database is not accessible.

But other way of checking the status of the database is

select databasepropertyex('','STATUS') this should work.

• Dear Friends

when i check my DB by this query it is showing as Suspect

select databasepropertyex('apdb','STATUS')

and my common DB is not appearing, how to recover that DB

Thanks

Sharanu

• Check the sql server error log for this database so that you will come to know since when you have this issue i.e this happened when sql server has started or it happened in between.

Once we have this info then we can go from there.

• In Object Explorer - right click on the server name and select properties. Select the Memory page and post back what the min/max memory settings are.

Another question comes to mind - how many databases exist in this instance?

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• GilaMonster (4/21/2009)

sharanurampur (4/21/2009)

when I checked into the log files i got some message like..

No errors there. Are there any messages in the log that relate to the database Common?

Well?

If the DB is suspect, there will be a message somewhere in the log indicating that it is being marked suspect and why.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • sharanurampur (4/21/2009)

when I checked into the log files i got some message like..

No errors there. Are there any messages in the log that relate to the database Common?[/quote]

If you cant find it send your log file as an attachment atleast, then we would be able to check through that.

• Which version and edition of sql server you are using ?

Check whether your .mdf and .ldf files are there ...

• Hi

Run this command to check if you have any error message related to your common database:

EXEC sp_readerrorlog 0, 1, 'Common' or

EXEC sp_readerrorlog 0, 1, 'suspect'

• - How much physical memory (RAM) is installed in the server ?

- Is this a dedicated sqlserver server ?

-

Duration: 14434 seconds. Working set (KB): 10540, committed (KB): 38756, memory utilization: 27%.

My guess... sqlserver hasn't got enough memory available to open your db within timeout times.

You should be able to find that info in the sqlsever ERRORLOG file. (of detect latencies)

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• Dear Friends,

I got the solution for that one, its SQL problem, I don't know whether the solution is correct or not,now my database is working fine,

Thanks spending your valuable time,

Thanks

Sharanu.

• sharanurampur (4/24/2009)

I got the solution for that one, its SQL problem, I don't know whether the solution is correct or not,now my database is working fine,

Mind sharing?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I got the solution for that one, its SQL problem, I don't know whether the solution is correct or not,now my database is working fine,

What was the issue? How did you resolve it.

• Dear Friends,

I too don't know the exact problem, what I am predicting is we are having 2 instances and I stoped one instance completely(Dissable), and restared service agent 3-4 times, and after i have refreshed DB then it has come. I think it may be conflicting in the 2 instances.

Thanks

Sharanu.

• sharanurampur (4/24/2009)

Dear Friends,

I too don't know the exact problem, what I am predicting is we are having 2 instances and I stoped one instance completely(Dissable), and restared service agent 3-4 times, and after i have refreshed DB then it has come. I think it may be conflicting in the 2 instances.

Thanks

Sharanu.

That is why we have asked multiple times for the system configuration (e.g. Memory, number of instances, etc...).

My guess is that you did not set the max memory for either instance and because of that you were seeing memory pressure issues. If you set the max memory for each instance, I am betting that you could have both instances up and running with no problems.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply