Database connection error message

• Hello --

I completed the installation of an application on a client system that included configuring access to a remote database server. The client system is a Windows 2012 R2 Standard server, and the database server is running Windows 2008R2 Standard.

The configuration included providing the ip address, the port, and the suffix of the database. The port in question is dynamic as opposed to the standard 1433 port. I went into the SQL Server Configuration Manager utility, selected the TCP/IP heading, and scrolled down to the end where I was able to identify the port number. The appropriate information was entered, and the installation completed successfully.

When I launch the application, the following error message appears on-screen:

Database connection error

Could not connect to the configured database.

Reason: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

Both systems are in the domain, and are both accessible via Active Directory user accounts. What would cause this error to occur, and how can it be corrected?

Thanks.

• Are both servers on same domain or different?

error screenshot could help in digging into the issue.

• Hello --

It turns out the system in question had not been added to the appropriate Active Directory organizational unit prior to my logging onto it.

Once that was completed, the installation was successful.

Thanks anyway.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply