Database Intergrity Check job failed

• Hello --

We run a scheduled database intergrity check job on our server. The total number of databases that are inspected is twenty-five. The most recent job failed, and a check of the error output from the job indicated the following failures:

([RayStationPatientDB_472_EH]) WITH NO_INFOMSGS, ALL_ERRORMSGS, DATA_PURITYMsg 3737, Level 16, State 1, Server MGHROSTOR3\RAYCLINICAL, Line 1 Could not delete file 'G:\DATA\RayStationPatientDB_472_EH.mdf:MSSQL_DBCC32'. See the SQL Server error log for more information. Msg 3737, Level 16, State 1, Server MGHROSTOR3\RAYCLINICAL, Line 1 Could not delete file 'G:\DATA\RayStationPatientDB_472_EH_Logging.mdf:MSSQL_DBCC32'. See the SQL Server error log for more information. Outcome: Failed Duration: 00:00:08 Date and time: 2016-03-18 06:00:29 Date and time: 2016-03-18 06:00:29 Database: [RayStationPatientDB_472_MGH] Status: ONLINE Standby: No Updateability: READ_WRITE User access: MULTI_USER Is accessible: Yes Recovery model: FULLDate and time: 2016-03-18 06:00:29 Command: DBCC CHECKDB ([RayStationPatientDB_4... Process Exit Code 1. The step failed

The errorlog file did not contain an entry for either of the two databases that were listed in the above output. I ran the following command to do a manual integrity check of the two databases:

DBCC CHECKDB (<Database Name>) WITH NO_INFOMSGS, ALL_ERRORMSGS

The output in both cases was Command(s) completed successfully.

The most recent full backup of the databases completed earlier in the week, and the same can also be said for the most recent differential, and log backups.

Are there any other steps that I need to take at this point?

• If you have run checkdb manually and no issues then I think you'll be OK. checkdb uses an alternate ntfs filestream to create a "copy" of the database when running. Looks like it had issues with this. I don't know what could cause this or if it is indicative of a bigger issue - hopefully someone else can answer that.

• It looks like SQL ran into an error deleting the internal snapshot database.

REF:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2974455

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply