Database Log Truncated: Database:

• Hi All,

I am regularly geeting this message in my sql server logs can some body help me find why this is happening and how to stop it.

Only I have the access to sa login.

The mesage is

Database log truncated: Database:

Thanks in advance

Tushar Chheda

• I would guess that you have a job scheduled that truncates the log.

• 1. as Chris says, you have a job that truncates the log.

2. you have a maintenance plan truncating the log

3. you have an application that is truncating the log.

How was this database created? If it's a vendor created database, maybe part of the vendor product truncates the log.

-SQLBill

• Hi,

Well Chris, I do have a maintanence plan for the DB but I have not selected any option that would truncate a log. The plan is to check the db Integrity, then back up the db as well as the logs and verify the same. All these activities are scheduled to happen during mid-night. And the logs are getting truncated during day time when no jobs are running. 

Apart from above there are no other jobs for the db. It would be help full if you could let me know how to find it. is there any check list. or system sp which can let me find who is executing the truncate command.

Thanks,

Tushar Chheda

• Do you have login auditting turned on? If so, you could use that to see who might have been logged on at that time. Have you looked at the Windows Event Viewer Logs to see if there is any additional information?

Does the truncate run at the same time each day? Does it run once or more than once a day? You could run Profiler to trace what is happening at that time.

-SQLBill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply