Database Mail don't send mails to defined operators

• Hello sql-guys!

I've set up a new SQL 2k8R2 but some troubles with database mail.

The Agent is running under a special mail profile and additionaly I've defined some operators for the alerting system.

But...the operators never get a mail - all mails are sent in context of the profile I've defined in the Agent's Properties.

What I'm dong wrong?

Thanks for help,

Bert

• Try to configure the mail in Service account and check.

• Hi,

what do you mean with "configure in service account"?

Shall I delete all profiles and accounts and login with the account the sqlservice runs? And reconfigure all mail settings?

regards

Norbert

• Double check the Operators E-mail name; it has to be a fully qualified email address, ie: jdoe@somecompany.com.

Expand - SQL Server Agent - Operators - on the General tab - check the E-mail name field.

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

• 1) Check Database Mail log, there mush have an entry if the dbmail works fine.

2) Since the operator 'NEVER' receive a mail, you may forget to restart the SQLAgent after you enabled the mail profile.

• If the operators never get a mail, and your SQL config all appears correct, it's also possible that some spam filter on the email client or email client network is filtering out messages, particularly if the SQL logs show that the message was "delivered" (in this case, delivered only means transmitted to the nearest/configured SMTP server.)

Sometimes there are spam filters even at a client's ISP level that they don't know about. I discovered this after long debugging sessions trying to figure out why email alerts "stopped working" but oddly was working for messages SQL delivered that were over a certain # of characters, but under another # of characters. The tip-off for me, and possible test for you to try, was that when I set the operator to my @gmail.com account, it went through every time, but when I emailed the other two corporate accounts (on two completely independent/different corporate networks even!), different spam filters came into play.

• Configure E-mail Id's in Database mail.

Follow this link[/url]

then it should work properly or

use msdb.sp_send_dbmail

Check BOL for this

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply