Database mirroring event alerts don't fire

• We have three servers set up, two with two instances of SQL2012 Enterprise running.

Databases on Server1\instance 1 are mirrored to Server 2\Instance 2 and databases on Server 2\Instance 1 are mirrored to Server 1\Instance 2 with server 3 as the witness server.

The mirroring is working fine - one of the servers crashed and rebooted the other day and the databases failed over automatically without problems, but the alerts I have set up on the servers to inform me of the failovers do not seem to fire.

I have set up the alerts as shown here: http://shaunjstuart.com/archive/2010/10/the-mirror-man/

The Alert Type is WMI event alert and the query in the alert is as follows:

SELECT * from DATABASE_MIRRORING_STATE_CHANGE WHERE State = 7 OR State = 8

This, as far as I know, should trigger the alert on manual or automatic failover, but the history on the alert shows that it has never fired.

I have set up test databases, mirrored them and then failed them over, but not alert. Other alerts are firing correctly

Anybody any idea where I shoudl be looking?

• Can't help much from here but I can tell that I used Event Notification at a previous employer when I setup database mirroring on SQL Server 2008. The event notification also enabled/disabled backup jobs and other scheduled processes on each of the servers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply