Database Mirroring Problems

• I successfully create the endpoint on both servers, principal and mirror. On the mirror server, I successfully execute the ALTER DATABASE DatabaseName SET PARTNER = 'TCP://PrincipalSserverName.com:7022'. However, on the principal server the ALTER DATABASE DatabaseName SET PARTNER = 'TCP://MirrorSserverName.com:7022' fails with the following message:

Msg 1418, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

The server network address "TCP://DDPFHVC.COM:7022" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational.

I am trying to set up database mirroring across 2 different servers. It is high-performance, asynchronous (no witness) mirroring.

Does someone know why it errors? Do you have an example of this type of mirroring documented?

• I went through Microsoft's trouble shooting guide and still cannot get mirroring to work.

• Hey this error itself says that network address is the problem.

1. Did you check the SQL server is listening on 1433 port.

2. Enable the TCP/IP protocol ->  Client Configuration dialog box

3. Firewall should not block the port 1433.

What did the error log speaks ?

if still having the problem then check the following forum it might help

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=887128&SiteID=1

Minaz

"More Green More Oxygen !! Plant a tree today"

• 1) Yes, SQL Server is listening on port 1433.

2) TCP/IP is enabled.

3) Firewall is not blocking.

MS troubleshooting had me validate all of these. I will take a look at the URL you supplied.

• Hi why dont u try providing IP address instead of ur server name in the alter database command.....also chek if the port u use is free by netstat -ano

[font="Verdana"]- Deepak[/font]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply