database replication

•  I have one  database(database1) in houston and the other database(database2) at Newjersy. SO if i wanted to replicate the data from the database1 to database2 how can I do that. I wanted to setup the replication to get the data into only one table. Infact both the tables are not identical in structure.

Thanks.

• Do you want to replicate only one table? Does the data need to be 100% up to date or just on a snahpshot. One way or two way data movement?

Or do you want to combine multiple tables in Houtson to one in New Jersey - if so DTS may be a better option?

Sorry - more questions than answers

• if the schema of 2 tables is different then it is advisiable to

connect the database through an ado, then collect the recordset and insert data in the required columns through recordset ado,

replication can also be done.

but first go through the steps of replication and then post the question if u stuck up in any problem or issue.

i have done replication on 2 occasions i will help u in tht

<a href="http://www.websolsoftware.com"> For IT jobs click here</a>

*Sukhoi*[font="Arial Narrow"][/font]

• Hi,

A possible answer would be to set up an identical table(s) on the second server so that you can implement a straightforward replication of data (depending on how much data (and how many columns)). If you don't need the data to be updated transactionally then Snapshot rep will be very simple to implement. Once the data is on the second server you can use some transformation queries to move the data into it's required tables.

Not too much hassle.

Regards..Graeme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply