Database status - loading after restore

• Hi

I am testing out transaction log backups and restores on a test database. I am on sql2000 and using SQL Server Enterprise Manager to do the restore. I am able to restore the full backup and the transaction logs successfully. The problem is after I get the message "restore of the database NGDemo completed successfully", the status of the database remains 'loading' and nothing is accessible. I am very new to this and do not know where to go from here, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• You probably told EM to not recover the database after the last t-log backup was restored. In QA execute the following:

restore database [dbname] with recovery; -- dbname is the name of your database

• See if this helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319701

Thanks

Navnish

• I am unable to access the database from QA. Does this command 'restore database [dbname] with recovery' have to be run from the database I am having problems with?

If I am using enterprise manager to do the restore how can I make sure the database is restore with recovery, I did not see that option. I used the point in time option.

• Thank you all for the help, it is backup and running.

Thanks again.

• rwturner (1/26/2010)

I am unable to access the database from QA. Does this command 'restore database [dbname] with recovery' have to be run from the database I am having problems with?

If I am using enterprise manager to do the restore how can I make sure the database is restore with recovery, I did not see that option. I used the point in time option.

First, no, you should probably run the sql from the master database.

For the second, since I don't have EM handy at the moment, read the options carefully. I know in SSMS that those options are on the options page of the RESTORE TASK UI.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply