Database viewing problem

• Hi,

I am having problem to access my data files (mdf) and log files (ldf) on my SQL 7.0 Server. The files are there, but seem like I can't acess it. My database and log backup jobs are fail also with error regarding files could not activated. I am member domain admins group. Please help. Thanks a lot in advance.

PS: "error 945: Database 'ASMLayout' cannot be opened because some of the files could not be activated.

Han,

• I assume you mean the following error:

Error 945

Database '%.*ls' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details

and that you had no problems accessing the database through your program or isqlw.

In that case you should check if the user that starts the sqlserver agent service has permissions on the directory with the backup files and if there is enough space there.

Joachim

• Check the SQL Server error log as error 945 states. This should give you a better idea as to why. Usually it is the file cannot be located or access denied (insufficient permissions on the account trying to access it).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply