DATASOURCES FROM PRODUCTION SERVER TO DEV SERVER for SSRS Reports

• Hi All,

I need your advice. I had successfully moved all the ssrs reports from our production server(prod1) to development server(dev1). I had used backup and restoration(Encryption Key) method.

Issue : I had changed the Datasource(datasource1) connection string in report manager from prod1 to dev1 as shown below

Data Source=prod1;Initial Catalog=proddb

to

Data Source=dev1;Initial Catalog=devdb

Ideally this change should be reflected in all the reports which are using datasource1, ie now my reports which are on dev1 server should get the data from 'dev1' not from 'prod1'. But, this is not working!! I have to manually change the datasource of each report dataset. I have nearly 85 reports, so changing manually is not a better idea.

Please suggest me a better method to accomplish this.

Thanks for your time!!

Vardhan

• Perhaps I am guessing based on current experience with backing up, deleting and restoring the encryption key. It warns you that it is "deleting encrypted data in the DB"; but, it doesn't clearly tell you what data. My experience today was that only authentication data is deleted. This will force the prompting when the reports are accessed, and if prod and dev IDs are different, you'll know. See if it recognized your changes after the backup key is restored.

Thank-you,
    David Russell
    Any Cloud, Any Database, Oracle since 1982

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply