DateTime Problem

• Hi

I am having great problems with datetime comparisons in sql express, which werent a problem using msde2000 on another server.

All my regional settings, etc are set to uk format, and the the dates stored in the database datetime column are in uk format which makes no difference.

If have the following condition at the end of my sql statement:

"AND dbo.ISSUE_MAIN.REQUEST_DATE_TIME <= '" & To_Date.Text & "'

For which the date entered into the text field is 25/12/2006

This now seems to be completely ignored and i get all records back.

I have tried several other examples/resolution i found on this forum, but none work for me.

I think what i need to be doing is converting this date into 2006/12/25, but i seems unable to convert this string to anything like this.

I would appreciate any help on this matter - especially why it is now proving a problem since switching as mentioned above, as i have lots of web apps that would now need to be changed...

• this actually gets worse!!

All my web apps where a date is inserted or updated now causes all these pages in these applications to fail!!

The one thing i have noticed is that on the other server that i am trying to port from - the datetime columns on these database table is holding the datetime in US format and that works with querying with 25/01/2006, but the new server - once i attached these copied databases to the new sql express version is holding the dates in UK format, where 25/01/2006 is now causing a problem....

• found the problem - all the login created when installing sql express were set to english - changed them to british and all works fine....

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply