DB-Mail

• [font="Courier New"]

Hello Everyone,

I have configured DB mail Which works for all SQL server's 2008 except few servers, Which gives below error when i try to send test message.

ERROR: The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 2 (2012-04-23T03:48:31). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (An invalid character was found in the mail header.). )

But if i send test mail from other server's which has same configuration, it works. I have checked everything, FireWall and etc.. all are fine

Hope some one faced same issue & resolved it... 😛

Thanks in Advance![/font]

• sudhakar-726066 (4/23/2012)

[font="Courier New"]

Hello Everyone,

I have configured DB mail Which works for all SQL server's 2008 except few servers, Which gives below error when i try to send test message.

ERROR: The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 2 (2012-04-23T03:48:31). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (An invalid character was found in the mail header.). )

But if i send test mail from other server's which has same configuration, it works. I have checked everything, FireWall and etc.. all are fine

Hope some one faced same issue & resolved it... 😛

Thanks in Advance![/font]

My first thought is that you think they are the same configuration, but they are not. How have you verified that they are the same and that there is not an error in the ones that are not working?

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• Yep everything is same, because we use same script for all the servers.. but i have noticed one few servers mail config is not working..

I did cut & paste the DB Mail entries from one of the server where DB mail is working.. 🙂 Amazingly it worked.

Still Im confused what made it to work.. even though everything is same!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply