DB size growing so much

• Hi,

I have a database called EMPLOYEE which use 75gb last month but in some reason it grow up to 90gb within 3 weeks, that is only on MDF file. I got couples of RAID Drive, but the drive which use this db, that is only 100gb and space is nearly run out.

I shrink the database which is I souldn't do, it shuffled the data but I have done the rebuild the index the db after the shrink db. Because I need to clear some space to stop the database working. However I believe that my db will grow again quite soon.

Do you have any idea why it grows too much so quickly?

Shall I move it to another RAID Drive which is bigger space on? Do I need to run something after detach the db and reattach from another drive?

Please suggest...

Leo

• If you reindex the tables in the database with a maintenance plan job, the database data file has to be large enough to hold all the data, plus enough extra space to hold the largest table in the database.

The script below will give you the size of each table in the database, and show you the amount of free space in each database file.

Script to analyze table space usage

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61762

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply