DB2 Client Upgrade now fails DTS packages

• We upgraded the DB2 client from V7 to V8 on several servers, and since then we can't get a simple select * from SQLServerTable to insert data into the DB2 table.  We upgraded the DB2 client for DST reasons, so we are stuck.  IBM support isn't being helpful, so I'm hoping someone else has experienced this issue.  The DTS package truncates 3 tables in DB2, then it should copy the data to the tables from SQL server to DB2.  From tracing with IBM utilities we found DTS is doing the truncates of the table in DB2, but after that point it doesn't connect to DB2.  We get back a generic "The number of failing rows exceeds the maximum specified."  If I have the package do logging from SQL Server we get "Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  5 (IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER)."  We have gone through IBM's recommendations of updating security, have hotfix 14 installed, updated registry entries, etc - no luck.  If you have experienced the same issue with DTS packages loading data to/from DB2 and found a solution please contact me.  Thanks!

• Are you using AS400 to run the DB2 or which operating system that you are using ?

When you define the AS400 in ODBC, which driver do you choose, I use Client Access ODBC driver (32 bit).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply