DBCC checkdb error in master database

• After running dbcc checkdb on master database, I am getting this error :-

There are 3 rows in 1 pages for object "MSreplication_options".

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'master'.

Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts. Possibly tempdb out of space or a system table is inconsistent. Check previous errors.

I have run the checkdb in other database of the server including system database but not able to see problem in any other database.

Please help to resolve this problem.

----------
    Ashish

• Restore from backup. Those kind of errors usually indicate irreparable corruption.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • ok, thanks Gail. Will give a try if that is the only option left here.

----------
    Ashish

• Hi Gail,

One interesting thing to bring in your notice....

After starting the sql in single user mode and connecting instance using sqlcmd and then running dbcc checkdb, the error no more appears.

I started the sql in multi_user mode and tried to run the dbcc checkdb again and surprisingly again no more dbcc checkdb errors.

But the problem which make the master corrupt was linked server and they are still not accessible. Whenever trying to access any linked server its crashing the sql services.

Any idea how DBCC checkdb error get disappeared?

----------
    Ashish

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply