DBCC CHECKDB when SQL Service starts

• Greetings,

We are running SQL Server 2005 latest service pack.

On 2 of my servers, each time the SQL service starts, SQL Server performs a DBCC checkDB. On another server same version, same SP, it does not perform any DBCC checkDB.

There is no job that ran at all, so that means no job running at SQL Server Agent startup scheduled. I checked the various logs and the only place I can see the DBCC checkdb is done is in the SQL Server Logs.

Anyone can tell me where is the setting to control that? Is it a fluke? First time I notice that.

Thank you

MBA

MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCITP, IBM DB2 Expert, I-Net+, CIW

Proud member of the NRA

-Anti-gun laws prevent law abiding citizens to buy guns and defend themselves against bad guys who do not care about the law and get their gun illegally.

- Democracy is 2 wolves and one sheep talking about their next dinner. Freedom is 2 wolves and one armed sheep with a .357 magnum talking about their next dinner.

• You can set a startup procedure to execute when service starts.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191129.aspx

• Greetings,

That is not the case. There is no sp that is execute at the start with the sp_procoption.

...Still a mystery... Next week I'll be able to restart the service and play around with one server that displays the behaviour. I am planning to run a profiler trace and shot down the service normally and by pulling the power plug to see if those are running only when there is an abnormal shutdown.

Thank you

MBA

MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCITP, IBM DB2 Expert, I-Net+, CIW

Proud member of the NRA

-Anti-gun laws prevent law abiding citizens to buy guns and defend themselves against bad guys who do not care about the law and get their gun illegally.

- Democracy is 2 wolves and one sheep talking about their next dinner. Freedom is 2 wolves and one armed sheep with a .357 magnum talking about their next dinner.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply