DBCC CLONEDATABASE Error that was SUPPOSED to be fixed

• In attempting to run DBCC CLONEDATABASE, I receive this error:

Msg 2601, Level 14, State 1, Line 3
    Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.sysschobjs' with unique index 'clst'. The duplicate key value is (key value).

I'm running 2014 Enterprise, SP2, CU 13. There are eleven other databases on the server that cloned just fine.

MS says this was fixed in CU 5 for SP2 for 2014 - so what gives?!

Any hints would be helpful. I can always script out the db, but I'd like to resolve this, if for no other reason than to satisfy my own curiosity.

Roland Alexander 
    The Monday Morning DBA 
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. ~ Albert Schweitzer

• Roland Alexander STL - Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:32 AM

In attempting to run DBCC CLONEDATABASE, I receive this error:

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.sysschobjs' with unique index 'clst'. The duplicate key value is (key value).

I'm running 2014 Enterprise, SP2, CU 13. There are eleven other databases on the server that cloned just fine.

Any hints would be helpful. I can always script out the db, but I'd like to resolve this, if for no other reason than to satisfy my own curiosity.

It wasn't fixed for all scenarios - the fix with that CU was for one and I remember the error under a few different circumstances. There were a few connect posts about it but since connect is gone, I can longer find them in Voice, voices or whatever they call it now.
    Check this article and repro script - I can reproduce the error on 2014 SP2 CU 14 (build 12.0.5600.1):
    Duplicate key in sysclsobjs using DBCC CLONEDATABASE

Sue

• Sue_H - Thursday, October 18, 2018 11:13 AM

Roland Alexander STL - Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:32 AM

In attempting to run DBCC CLONEDATABASE, I receive this error:

It wasn't fixed for all scenarios - the fix with that CU was for one and I remember the error under a few different circumstances. There were a few connect posts about it but since connect is gone, I can longer find them in Voice, voices or whatever they call it now.
    Check this article and repro script - I can reproduce the error on 2014 SP2 CU 14 (build 12.0.5600.1):
    Duplicate key in sysclsobjs using DBCC CLONEDATABASE

Sue

Hi Sue,
    I saw that one - didn't help, alas. I was cloning to the same instance, there were no user-defined schemas in model, saw no reason it should have failed. Curiously, the key data pointed to a user-defined table type - so I dropped it, and it failed again, on another UDTT. Dropped that one, same result. Gave up at that point on the suspicion that it was turtles all the way down. Still trying to puzzle it out, though. Thanks for the reply.

Roland Alexander 
    The Monday Morning DBA 
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. ~ Albert Schweitzer

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply