DBNETLIB file missing?

• Hello all

Just had a weird thing happen at a client's installation.  Long story short, we determined that DBNETLIB.DLL had magically gone missing, causing one of our production applications to fail.  No viruses, this was on a secured production server with no access available except to us and the local admin guy.

Has anyone ever seen this happen?  I'd like to chalk this up to a mistake on our part, maybe just clobbered during a system update, but the sequence of events just don't add up.

Vik

• Haven't seen this. I assume you just copied from a "good" server to fix it.

• Yup, just copied it over from another server and everything started up again ok.  I'm baffled.

• I take it you didn't have to re-register the DLL? That would rule out any good software uninstallers removing the file. But also if the file was in use, there is no way it could have been removed, while registered. Not sure what this means, but I would look at the servers last reboot and see if anything was installed/uninstalled at that point.

• Nope, didn't have to register the DLL, copying it over did the trick.  I don't even know if it needs to be registered, actually.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply