Decimal Separator

• When you don’t have a straight man you have to work a little harder to set things up. And we all know how you like set based solutions.

Mike

• ... as we all should .

• yes - remi - set everyone straight on this - set a precedent/set an example and make sure that to set about solving a t-sql problem, set based solutions should be set in stone....

sorry everyone...but I could NEVER resist the play on words..so you'll have to suffer through this....

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Not suffering here... was a fun morning because of that so called setup .

• well remi - then i'm glad i didn't set much store by the qualms i had when posting this about set-ting some kind of a record for nonsensical exchanges...splly. after how up-set you were after your last post with magyar...

ok - ok - now i promise to set-tle down and set forth with the rest of my day without set-ting in motion any more silly stuff - just don't set me off again alright ?!?!

• I had spent over 4 hours with her (not to mention did 99.9% of the work) just to realize that everything had to go down the drain and start over. I'm doing this for free and I just can't start over just because she wants to learn. I paid to learn and so should she. This is not something you can learn overnight by yourself (over a few months maybe), especially not when there's a close comming due date.

• I know remi and it was understandable that you got upset after all the hard work put in...however, I did post my suggestions today involving minimal changes to the existing tables and hopefully within the next couple of days she should have it resolved and resuse all the code that you sent her....

well - there'll have to be some modifications but hopefully by now she should be able to figure them out...

ps:I have to admire your courage though remi - you took the final blow like a man - I'd have probably had a nervous breakdown at that point...

• What else could I say?! : "get help somewhere else because I ain't giving to you no more". Programming is just not something you can learn all by yourself overnight. She had to learn, SQL, best pratices, TABLE DESIGN, ASP and form designs all by herself... Do I really have to time to back her up on that without being able to see what she's doing >> FOR FREE???

BTW, thanx for the work of the table redesign... I just didn't have the heart to do it.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply