Define a Virtual Database

• Hi Friends,

I want to create a virtual database like virtual table #temp.

Is there any solution to create a virtual database?

Plz send me some sql statement to create virtual database...

Thanks!!

• This is not a feature in SQL Server 2000, or any other version of SQL Server. As well creating a table named #temp is not really a "virtual table" it is an object that physically exist inside of SQL Server, it just temporary.

I believe Oracle and/or DB2 have this capability but as I don't mess with either one of those RDBMS I can't help on that.

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

• You can't create temporary databases in SQL.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks for your suggestion....

I am currently working on a inventory software and this will store all record of inventory but the client wants to hide(because of excise checking by officer) all record from excise checker so i have put mdf and ldf file to a USB Drive to hide it and software will automatically attach these files but after removeing USB that is containing mdf and ldf it will show all record by running simple query.but when we restart server database will show on server management studio with no record or in recovery.

so i want to hide containing database...

is there any solution to do it and no one can search info related to that inventory database and he/she can not find histry info to related database.

• shubham.saxena67 (1/24/2011)

I am currently working on a inventory software and this will store all record of inventory but the client wants to hide(because of excise checking by officer) all record from excise checker

That sounds ethically questionable...

so i want to hide containing database...

is there any solution to do it and no one can search info related to that inventory database and he/she can not find histry info to related database.

No. Back it up and drop it, but it will leave traces in error logs, server event logs, some of the server traces, etc. Definitely sounds ethically questionable at this point.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply