Defining report background color in StyleTemplates.xml

• I've added my own custom style template to the StyleTemplates.xml file and so far it's working great. Much less formatting that I have to do every time I create a report. I was wondering, however, if there's a way to add a background color for the report body. Anyone know if this is possible?

Colleen

Colleen M. Morrow
    Cleveland DBA

• Colleen you are defining it in the Cascading Style Sheets of the template, right?

the tag in CSS is the background-color:

BODY { background-color: #EFEFEF;}

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• No, and you'll have to forgive me, I'm not very knowledgeable about Reporting Services. I create very basic reports, but I create a lot of them. I end up having to format each one, which is why I'm trying to do this. I found out about the StyleTemplates.xml file today, and I customized it using the "Bold" style as my basis. So I have something like this:

<StyleTemplate Name="SS_Inventory">

<Label>SS_Inventory</Label>

<Styles>

<Style Name="Title">

<FontFamily>Verdana</FontFamily>

<FontSize>16pt</FontSize>

<Color>DarkRed</Color>

</Style>

<Style Name="Page Group Level 1">

<FontSize>14pt</FontSize>

</Style>

<Style Name="Page Group Level 2">

<FontSize>12pt</FontSize>

</Style>

<Style Name="Page Group Level 3+">

<FontSize>10pt</FontSize>

</Style>...

and so on. This allows me to format my report elements the way I want, but the only thing missing is the background color for the report body. Not a huge deal, but I was just wondering if there was any way to set it.

I'm not familiar with using CSS in SSRS. If that's a better way to define a default format I'm all for it! I just thought this xml hack was the best way, given that I use the Wizard to create my reports.

Colleen

Colleen M. Morrow
    Cleveland DBA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply