#Deleted Displaying in all fields in Access View of SQL Server Table

• When I open an OBDC linked SQL Server 2000 table I can only see "#Deleted" in every row and every field.  Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks 

• Knowledge Base article 128809

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;128809&Product=acc97

This is because of index(es), or lack of, on the SQL table. If you can't alter the SQL database to put an index on the table then has worked for me in the past is to make a copy of the data into a local table. It depends if you are trying to do data manipulation or just report off of it.

----------------
    Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.

• The tables I am trying to view each have a clustered index as well as several non-clustered indexes so I do not think that this is my specific issue. 

I am able to view the data in the table if I use a SQL Pass-Through query, so I am taking that route.

Thanks for replying.

Thanks

• MSAccess can't handle a SQL (or any other type of 'linked' table) if it has no way to identify any row with a unique id, that is: you MUST have a PRIMARY KEY, or a TIMESTAMP field on your tables if you want to access them from MSAccess

HTH

Luigi

• What you need to do is create a pseudo index.  Create a new query in Access, go to the SQL View.  Then enter

Create unique index PK_TableName on TableName (FieldName) with primary;

Run it

Russel Loski, MCSE Business Intelligence, Data Platform

• Drop and Re-Link the table.  You will be prompted to use a key column.  Select the clustered index as your primary key.  Even if it envolves multiple columns. 

• Jeff is quite right. I have this all the time. Another reason is when the structure of the table changes and the linked tables are not updated. Need to run the update link tables from the tools/database/linked table manager.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• My tables all have primary keys, as well as other indexes.

I think the issue is the the Primary Key is a data type of Bigint in which case Access does not know what to do.   I have tables with a primary key of data type smallint and Access displays those rows correctly. 

I created SQL Pass-Through queries to sit on top of the table and it will work great.  Then I'll never need to worry about the table structure changing and causing issues (i.e. select * from myTable)

Thanks for replying

• Yes, I've also had this issue when I've used a datatype that Access didn't recognize.  One other thing to look out for, make sure you're running the latest version of MDAC on the client machines.

• Hai,

Please check that The columns Datatype in tje the table   you are trying to view in Access may be Bigint. I had similar problem prev. After changing it to int  datatype it is displaying records normally. This may be problem with DataTypes which are not recognized by the Access.

Murthy

murthy_pvasn@yahoo.com

• Hai,

Please check that The columns Datatype in tje the table   you are trying to view in Access may be Bigint. I had similar problem prev. After changing it to int  datatype it is displaying records normally. This may be problem with DataTypes which are not recognized by the Access.

Murthy

murthy_pvasn@yahoo.com

• also install :

1- MDAC 2.7 SP1 on server and clent machines

2- SQL Server SP3a on server machine

3- Jet SP8 on client machines

I hope this help u.

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply