demo version? wrong.

• Strang problem, our sql server stopped today, upon looking at the event viewer it stated that the sql server evaluation has expired. this wierd because we didn't install the demo version, we have the original Cd's. I tried installing the same cd on a nother computer and it shows demo version in the about portion. how can i fix this.

• try select @@version and see what it says...

Tajammal Butt

• I can't do it on the live server since I can't connect, but this is what it said on my test server.

Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86)   Dec 17 2002 14:22:05   Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 4)

• I also ran it on my machine and I have  identical info..only with an exception of service pack.

Did you load both test and production with same CD?

Also did you upgraded from Demo to full blown version or installed a fresh copy?

Your info says...its a full blown version so i am not sure why error says, its a "Demo version".

Tajammal Butt

• Did you provide the license information when you installed it? (I know this might be a dumb question, but if you leave out the license information the evaluation version is installed).

-SQLBill

• SQLBill,

Would it let me to bypass the screen with the key during the installation?

I realized that I probably never tried that

Yelena

Regards,Yelena Varsha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply