Deploy SSIS package and setup SQL job for that SSIS pacakge

• Hi there,

Couls u pls send me any links which is very easy step by step to

1) Deploy SSIS package

2) Setup SQL job for that SSIS pacakge

This is first time i am doing both pls help me

Cheers

GB

• Once you create the SSIS package, save it to the folder path Microsft SQL Server-->90-->DTS-->Packages-->Your Package Name.

To run this as a job..create a new job and when you create the step, include the step name from the drop down list as SQL Server Integration Services Package.

You would need a configuration package, this is for portability. This .dtsConfig package holds the Source and Destination servers info along with the user account under which this job will run..something similar we had in DTS, remember...

Hope this helps..

Thanks!!

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• Techybala -- In the upper right hand corner of this page is a Search window. Input SSIS and you will obtain a list of articles / school videos on this site which should assist you. And last but not least refer to SQL Server Integration Services in Books On Line (BOL)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply