Deployment

• This probably is a very simple question to answer but not so obvious to me - How do you deploy an SSIS package to a server? How do you deploy a Report built in BIDS to your server?

I am sure I am overlooking something very easy here, but I could really use some one to point me in the right direction.

I have BIDS installed on my workstation and have built one of my first SSIS packages and a report to show the results, but I can't seem to find the place/menu to move these projects to the test server.

• For the SSIS package, you use File, Save Copy of SSIS Package to... in BIDS.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• :blush:

I knew it was something really easy, I am going to go crawl in a hole now.

• If I had to crawl in a hole every time I spent too much effort on something that turned out to be easy, I don't think I'd ever see daylight. 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply