Detach/Attach method of upgrading SQL 2000 to SQL 2008 R2

• gary.dunn (10/13/2011)

I apologize for hijacking this post, but I think your technique could be used to fulfill a request I've received. My users want a copy of a remote database saved onto a local server and kept in read only mode. Once a week they'd like it updated with any changes that may've been made on the remote database. I have created the DB on the local SQL Server instance but I don't understand the steps I need to take to: 1) Keep the DB in read only mode and 2) How to apply the log backups once I download them from the remote server. Can you advise on this? I have also created a new post with this request but haven't received any replies at this point.

Thanks.

.....and here's a link you may find useful

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187103.aspx

• My users want a copy of a remote database saved onto a local server and kept in read only mode. Once a week they'd like it updated with any changes that may've been made on the remote database. I have created the DB on the local SQL Server instance

A simple backup / restore should do. If FULL backup is not feasible (big DB) try differential.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply