Detected two sibling members with the same name?

• Hi,

(I'm new to As)

Item - Product Group dimension:

Lu_Prodgr.Prodgr_id  (primary key)

Lu_Item.Item_id       (primary key)

Dimension processes OK, when the item_id is set to both key and name properties, this is clear since it is the pk of lu_item. But the name property should show the item_nbr instead of the surrogate key.

Item_nbr is not unique in lu_item (recycling of the old item_nbr's, current value has status=0 and the old ones all have status=1).

'Member names Unique' setting is False at item level and dimension level but still I get 'Detected two sibling members with the same name...' error an processing is cancelled?

What can I do if anything?

Regards, Ville (AS service pack 4)

• I got over it temporarily by concatenating item_nbr and item_id (unique) as the name but is this really the only way? What does the setting 'Member names unique' False mean then?

• And the Allow Duplicate Names is False too? What happens if you set as True?

• Thanks,

I haven't noticed that one, it works.

The setting

Member Names Unique Indicates whether member names are unique within the dimension. If the value is True, internal member names omit qualifying level names and member names.

Only seems to deal with how the objects are referred to,

• Member Names Unique deals with all members in the dimension, but it won't for duplicate names in the same branch (with the same parent).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply