Differences between MS SQL Server and Gupta SQL Server

• Hi Guys!!!

I needed to support one of the Gupta SQL Base 8.5 database very soon. Right now I am supporting quite a few MS SQL Server databases (6.5, 7.0 and 2000). Just wanted to check if there were any differences between the two.

Can you please give some information on how big are they different, any links, etc.

Thanks so much.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I had never heard of it bu tyou could check out hte Gupta web site http://www.guptaworldwide.com.  It looks like it is used similar to how MS would like to see MSDE used.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• I did check their website, even downloaded trial copy of the Gupta SQL Base 9.0. Still couldn't figureout much. Now its time to read the scary manual. 🙂

Thanks though.

• And after you read tell us about it. Maybe a 1 page article. Is it free? What does it do? Is it for Windows or Unix? Does it have good features? Any Software Compatibility issues?

Y.V.

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• Hi,

Still you working on Gupta Sql

• shanalalkasim (8/5/2016)

Hi,

I have 7+ yr experience in Gupta SQL. It's entirely different from SQL server. If you need any help please contact me. My mail id is shanalalkasim@gmail.com

The original post was 12 years ago. I'm hoping they figured it out by now. 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (8/5/2016)

shanalalkasim (8/5/2016)

Hi,

I have 7+ yr experience in Gupta SQL. It's entirely different from SQL server. If you need any help please contact me. My mail id is shanalalkasim@gmail.com

It's origins are interesting. The company was ".. founded in 1984 by Umang Gupta, a former Vice President and General Manager of the Microcomputer Products Division at Oracle Corporation."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gupta_Technologies

However, I've never heard of the product.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Jeff Moden (8/5/2016)

shanalalkasim (8/5/2016)

Hi,

And if they still need to handle Gupta SQL Base, they would have 12 years of experience. 😀

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply