Difficulties with Proxies when running SSIS Job Steps

• Hi,

try to say it short...

Works fine when run in SSIS

1. The user account that runs the SqlAgent does not have access to the network folder where the CSV files reside

2. My win account does have the necessary rights

3. I created Credentials identified by my account information

4. I created Proxy configurations for 'SSIS Package Execution' for the credential name I created above

5. In the JOB Step I pick the proxy created above to the 'Run as:'

The JOB starts OK but fails:

'Code: 0xC020200E Source: ZACC_POS4 Description: Cannot open the datafile'

(I found one hint in the web where someone solved this by creating a local(!) user account in the remote server with the sam name as the account that runs the SqlAgent...but I don't understand this at all and further more it is a real pain to get anything done via the third party that hosts the server anyway...)

What is missing in my solution?

Any help appreciated, Ville

• Hi,

just adding more info here

Like I said my Windows account have complete rights to the remote share, where the DTSX and CSV reside

1. I cannot even run the package from File source in the JOB Step "Cannot find the path specified..."

2. When I deploy the package into MSDB, I can run the package OK but "Cannot open the file specified..." that is the CSV source file.

3. If I copy the CSV file to the local disk where I am in the 'Local Admin group', it works fine

Why can't I operate from the network drive even though I have all the access rights set???

I'm almost sure that, if the account that runs the SqlAgent, had the access rights to the remote server, this would work alright but that is not the case. Why is the 'Run as' choice there if it does not work or maybe I just set it up wrong.

SqlServer2008R2

V

V

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply