Digital Dashboard and Citrix - or other?

• I've been tasked with re-engineering and redeploying an app that was developed using Analysis Server cubes and Digital Dashboard.   The Dashboard app is the primary user interface to a number of pivot tables.   The app was developed for inhouse network intranet usages, whereas I must redevelop the app to be served by an internet web host to a new set of users.   Basically, I will become an ASP for my new users.   Instead of deploying the app to network users using NT logins, all of my new users will be on the internet.   My question...

What alternative products do I have for displaying pivot tables to the user in a secure fashion across the internet?

The strategy of which I must first consider is to "keep the app and Dashboard pretty much as-is and redeploy using Citrix to connect the users to my server."

I will need to support 75 concurrent users to a total population of 250 users.   The price for proper server hardware and software licenses for this scenario is pretty steep.   Is there any other choice to this scenario?   Microsoft's SharePoint Portal?  non-Microsoft products?

• You should take a look at Office Web Components.  I have been able to use Excel to publish a pivot table report from a cube to a web server.  I think Office Web Components is the client side tool that allows the end-user to view the cube in their browser. 

Luke

• If you want the heavy stuff with all the functionality look at Cognos Reportnet or Business Objects Webi.

Expensive, but gives you all the functionailt including letting users build their own pivot tables through the front end. Will save you a lot of time in development.

However, a lot of initial time required in set up stage. You will get it back in the long term.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply