Disable notifications

• I keep getting emails everytime someone replies to the thread I participated in. I looked under my subscriptions and it said "you are not subscribed to any topics...". so how do I disable these email notifications for my threads?

Thanks,

Dinakar Nethi
    Life is short. Enjoy it.

• Supposedly, when you make a post, the selection for "Topic Subscription Notification Type" should control whether you're notified and it supposedly remembers the option for next time.

In my experience, it remembers my "Do not subscribe" option but it subscribes me to every post I've replied to. So I have to unsubscribe to each thread every time, clicking the URL in the notification email, and unsubscribing by checking the boxes to the threads and saying that I really want to unsubscribe.

Ah the headaches of dealing with a home-brewed forums system 🙁

• Make sure you are in the control panel settings for the forums (control panel upper left from the post) and at the bottom of your settings, there's a Forum Subscriptions and a Thread Subscriptions. You can subscribe at either level.

If you post to a thread, then you can change the setting then. It's in the post options below this post box (when replying).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply