Disable paging programmatically

• Hi,

I am trying to set the property InteractiveHeight of a report (SSRS 2005) programmatically.

This is because my user wants to enable or disable paging by checking a checkBox.

I am using a reportViewer in my C# application to view my report in the page.

I've tried several ways, so far with no success:

1. Set the InteractiveHeight using the ReportViewer – doesn't work, it has no such property.

2. Set the InteractiveHeight property in the report as an expression (condition on a report parameter) – doesn't work. RS didn't let me write an expression for this property (only for properties like visibility).

I tried using an expression for the property InteractiveHeight:

=IIf(Parameters!Paging.Value = 0, "0", "8in")

and I got an error:

=IIf(Parameters!Paging.Value = 0, "0in", "8in") cannot be parsed as a unit because it does not contain numeric values. Examples of valid unit strings are "1pt" and ".5in".

3. Add a web reference ( servername/ReportServer/ReportService.asmx?wsdl ) and then set the property InteractiveHeight with SetProperties() – didn't have any effect.

Basically what I'm looking for is a way to set InteractiveHeight either with a condition or through C#.

Thanks in advance.

• I have exactly the same problem! I hope someone responds!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply