Disaster Recovery

• I have a situation with my client ,one is the centralized server and other on different 200 locations ,Replicated one time in eve,

but suggest me the what could be the best way to recover database in sqlserver of any of 200 locations when one of the location db down,one way i find Mirroring ,or clustering but it wont be possible for all the 200 location ,

second is transactional log back up ,but if time slice is short it will affect the performance.

pls suggest the optimize way to handle it .

• Have a look in BOL for Replication\Backup and Restore operations

You will find there lost of info on what to do for a Disaster Recovery!

Kindest Regards,

• thanks MrSQL but actually this is not only disaster recovery ,i provided the total scenerio and expecting the proper way to handle the situation given above ,plz suggest if you have any idea to deal with this situation.

thanks

• Frank Don't u have any solution for this....

Thanks

• If you have a non-central site down and intend to perform disaster recovery and are doing snapshot replication, maybe the following will work.

Set us a subscriber pull option to the publication, only to be ran when the subscriber site requests (in this case when disaster occurs).

The publication should still be available from the distributor and thus does not have to be "re-generated" by the publisher.

GaryA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply