display Images from server without URL

• I have images stored in one of dirctories on server's C drive

Report Manager is on different server.

When I add image to the report I specify image type as External , but How do I specify value for that so I can retrieve that image

• When you specify "External", it gives you the option of puting the path in there. It needs to start with "file:", then have a standard URL to a shared directory.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Thank you for the reply, but I also need to specify windows credential in that " How DO I do that?

• Do you mean you need to have an on-the-fly credential, or you just need to specify a credential that has rights to the folder with the images, or something else?

The security tab on the image properties has controls for some of those options.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I don't see a security Tab on image properties. Credentials to access that directory where images reside

• I was able to load report on Report server with image url "file: //ipaddress/filepath"

It runs from visual studio but when deply report and run it from report server it doesnot display the image

• aishuapte (4/13/2010)

I was able to load report on Report server with image url "file: //ipaddress/filepath"

It runs from visual studio but when deply report and run it from report server it doesnot display the image

The report is probably running under the credentials that SSRS is running under. Does that account/group have access to the folder?

Property of The Thread

• Images are on a one server and report server is on another server, they don't have common logins.

Do I need to create new login on image server, that report server can access

• If the report server login can't access the images, the reports won't be able to either.

Property of The Thread

• Thanks was able to solve the problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply