distribute Reports??

• Hi All,

I am a newbie to SSRS 2008 but I have an issue which I thought I would be able to resolve quickly but I am finding it a bit difficult. I want to give access to some reports I have created. All the reports have paramaters which the user will populate via drop downs I have supplied they are i.e. from this date to that date and filter by employee etc. These filters are passed to my SP to return the qualified results. I want the end users to have access to the report via the reporting services standard web page on the server. How do I do this. I thought I had to create a subscription but it seems as though the subscriptions are for the delivery of reports which have the criteria predifined not ones which need criteria supplied by end user.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Do you have Reporting Services in place already? If you do, than all you have to do is to deploy your reports to http://servername/reports and give them "Browser" rights to view and execute reports. You have to give more details, so I can be more specific.

• Sorry yes reporting services is in place already. How would I give Browser rights? I have already deployed the reports to a server, would it be during the deployment phase?

Thanks,

• When you navigate to default (home) page http://server/reports, you will see Properties tab (next to content tab). You can assign roles there.

Just in case URL:

http://servername/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx?ViewMode=Detail&SelectedTabId=PropertiesTab

• Thanks this is exactly what I wanted. Now I am able to set this up for an individual ID that is already available in the DB but would you know how I can give access to say a group account to access a specific set of reports.

Here is what I know thanks to you: In Reporting Services Manager web page which allows me to configure reporting services I can choose the specific report or folder I wish to give access to --> go to Properties and hit security item on left --> then choose New Role Assignment and add a new user and give Browser rights.

Here is what I Don't know: How do I add a user or better yet a group login account to give a bunch of users the same login credentials.

What I ultimately want to do is give specific users tied to group login account rights to specific reports (currently all located in a specific folder in Reporting Services).

I guess my questions is more about adding the account(s) to SQL Server so they can ultimately given the appropriate rights for the reports.

Appreciate the assistance thus far.

• You can ask your network team to create group in AD and assign users to it. Than all you have to do is grant permissions to particular folders to that group (when you clikc on any folder in Reporting services web page, you will see the same Properties tab where you can set permissions not only for the folder access, but on any reports in that folder), just make sure that you check other folders and remove permissions for ones that you don't want users to have access to.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Perfect -- Thanks a million.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply