Distribution agent stops unexpectedly

• Hi Folks,
    My distributor agent stops frequently. When I reviewed the dump file, got below error captured in SQL dump file.

• “The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.”
  • Please help me in fixing this. The distributor is clustered server(Active Active cluster).

Thanks,
    Sundar S

• sundar329 - Monday, January 7, 2019 4:01 AM

Hi Folks,
    My distributor agent stops frequently. When I reviewed the dump file, got below error captured in SQL dump file.

• “The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.â€
  • Please help me in fixing this. The distributor is clustered server(Active Active cluster).

Thanks,
    Sundar S

Do you see any query timeouts prior to the error in the dump file?

Sue

• No

• sundar329 - Monday, January 7, 2019 8:01 PM

No

Typically you would have more information in a dump file. If you have already analyzed the dump file and found nothing you may want to contact Microsoft support to have them review the dump file. Another thing you can try is to add verbose logging to the Distribution agent to see if you can get more information.
    This is an old article but the steps are the same today: How to enable replication agents for logging to output files in SQL Server

Sue

• Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply