Distribution cleanup

• Has anyone come across a problem where they have seen MSrepl_commands table growing very rapidly. Our distribution cleanup job runs every 10 mins but somehow this table doesnt seem to be getting cleaned up. I narrowed it down to replication procedure sp_MSdelete_publisherdb_trans which cleans up MSrepl_commands table . Anyone has any solution to this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

• are you sure the transactions are being delivered to all subscribers?

* Noel

• Yes i am, as i checked the count(*) of rows for few tables which existed on both source and destination and they looked more or less the same. ANy other thoughts why this is happening.

• Did you find a solution? I have the same problem.

• Under your miscellaneous agents in the replication monitor, there is distributor clean up agent.  This agent runs sp_MSdistribution_cleanup which runs sp_MSdistribution_delete which in turn runs sp_MSdelete_publisherdb_trans.

Make sure the agent has been running without error.  Also make sure it is getting the correct dbid when sp_MSdistribution_delete loops through it's cursor.

• I have similar problem; the scheduled job is taking 45 min to complete though it scheduled to run for every 10 minutes. I haven't find any solution so far but now I scheduled this job to run continuously.

Bhushan

• I know this thread is super old, but in the interest of future individuals Googling and finding this, the below link may be the solution for you....

http://www.replicationanswers.com/TransactionalOptimisation.asp

Good luck...

-Patrick

Patrick Purviance, MCDBA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply