Documenting Store Procedures Used by Crystal Reports

• We have built a complex application that uses Crystal Reports to report on SQL Server 2000 data throw stored procedures. It has grown to over 200 reports.

Is anyone aware of a tool that will document the stored procedure calls that are inside the Crystal rpt files?

I know we could learn the Crystal object model and write a VB or .NET script to pull this information out, but it seems that something along these lines must already exist.

• There are only 200 stored procs you can do it yourself, open you database in Enterprise Manager, go to Query Analyzer you should see all your stored procs in the object browser, just get the name or copy them to a .txt file, that is what I do.  That means you just open the file as needed with note pad.  Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• The references to the stored procedures are in the Crystal RPT files and there are over 200 of them.

What I'm trying to do is identify the SQL Server stored procedures that each RPT file uses.

• I already did something like this for Access.  Looping through the forms collection I fetched the rowsource.  From that I could compare for object usage.  Maybe you can write something like this with crystal report (no definite idea if it can be done or not).

• You should see the stored procedure being called in your .rpt file in Crystal Report because creating reports through stored proc is different from the other options like .NET or Crystal Report designer as your original post indicated.  Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply