does anyone else encounter forum down problem?

• These days, I constantly receive message saying this forum is down, is it being attacked now? why this is happening so often? it seems only forum is affected.

• I have not noticed. And I have been checking the forum quite often.

• Have not had any problems, such as forum is down ... not in the last 6 months

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• halifaxdal (1/18/2010)

These days, I constantly receive message saying this forum is down, is it being attacked now? why this is happening so often? it seems only forum is affected.

Nothing to note of late. Sometimes you might receive a timeout. I have found that I need to close my browser window and start a new connection (in the past).

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I do not think the forum is having connectivity issues of any kind. Could this be related to your browser then?..

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• Either the browser or connectivity on the OPs end.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• OK, so this is something wrong with the website design: if you click on the "Forums" on the left navigation bar, you will get error message:

Our website is currently down for maintenance. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you and thank you for your patience. Our site will be back up as soon as possible.

• That's not what I get when I click the Forums link...I get a list of the available forums.

• As I already told you I don't get that error either.

• I get the problem quite often (once a week) always in the morning (UK time). My links send me straight to the forums and this just times out, so i go to the home page and it says the site is down for maintenance. 5/10 mins later i try again and its fine. I just put it down to regular maintenance, didnt really think to post about it.

• I tried to add a reply but kept getting a 400 http error..bad request.

Even as a mother protects with her life
    Her child, her only child,
    So with a boundless heart
    Should one cherish all living beings;

• FORUM link worked for me with no problems.

• I've never had any problems like this with the Forums. I use IE 7.

Francis

• I'm using IE 7 too but get a 400 error. Works good in Firefox. I'm beihind a firewall so maybe that has something to do with it.

Even as a mother protects with her life
    Her child, her only child,
    So with a boundless heart
    Should one cherish all living beings;

• In my cases, it doesn't matter if I use IE7 or Firefox 3.5, it just appears very often, no matter if I am home or office (behind firewall), I sent email to web master, no any reply after so many days...... this is too bad, at least I should receive a polite thank you reply since THE PROBLEM IS A REAL PROBLEM, NOT JUST FOR ME.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply