Downgrade sql server 2008R2 enterprise edition to standard edition.

• Hi

I am going to dowgrade MS sql server 2008 R2 enterprise edition to standard edition. Because of licence cost issue.

• The dbs can't be downgraded.

You need to script out EVERYTHING then reimport the data on the lower level.

Might actually be cheaper to upgrade everything than the reverse (less work involved assuming you retest the whole app after the downgrade).

• Thanks for your suggestion!!

can I attach MSSQL 2008 R2 enterprise edition databases on standard edition?

• Unless you're using Enterprise-only features, you should be able to detach and re-attach from Enterprise to Standard, without having to jump through any significant hoops.

If you're using any of the Enterprise-only features, you'll need to remove those first, of course.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Thank you so mcuh!!

• This link http://learnsqlwithbru.com/2009/09/24/downgrading-sql-server-enterprise-edition-to-standard-edition/

explains how to do this trick for 2005 versions- probably works for 2008 also

• My bad, I read go from R2 to 2008.

G is right, as usual.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply