Drill Through Disabled

• Hi

I have three cubes on my development system all of which have drill through enabled and drill through works on these cubes. I have created a virtual cube from these and enabled drill through on the Virtual Cube, this drill through also works.  I copied all four cubes to Production system and all three “real” cubes have drill through enabled (and it works) but the virtual cube shows drill through as being enabled ( from Cube roles Manager) but a right click on a non-calculated member shows the drill through option as being greyed out.

Any ideas if  I have missed a trick in creating the drill through on the Virtual Cube. The drill though is available to the everyone role on all cubes.

Regards

Stuart

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Have you allowed drill through for the virtual cube from *within* the virtual cube?  In normal cubes, you do this from the Tools|Drill through Options menu, but to make life interesting, in virtual cubes, it's in the Advanced Properties sheet.  So, edit the cube, make sur ein the treeview you've got the cube selected, then change the properties to the Advanced tab and check that drill through is not set to false.

As with all drill through, you need to set in the cube/s and roles, so ensure your roles are set also.

Cheers,

Steve.

• Many thanks - checked the advanced tab and that was were the problem was

Stuart

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply