DTEXEC erroring out

• Hello,

I've designed a simple SSIS package where in the following have been done

1. Created a linked server between 2 different domain machines and was able to see the catalogs from the source on the destination (clustered server).

2. Domain users are existing on both the servers and the linked server security is mapped as local login impersonation and the option is set to "Be made using the login's current security context". The service account for the SQL Server Agent on the destination server is also added to the source server security and it is made the owner of the job.

3. On the source server I'm inserting the data into a separate user database by selecting from another user database on the same server. Then I'm updating one of the columns by joining the source domain machine user table with the destination domain machine user table. Overall this process is executing fine from BIDS and I'm able to get the updated data.

4. I've made this task to run as part of a SQL Server Agent job by using the command line utility "dtexec" and the statement is as follows:

dtexec /sq "\PCK1" /SERVER " " /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING E

The above statement is executing fine if I run it from the command prompt on the source server. But when I'm running it as part of a job on the source server then it is erroring out with the below message:

"Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

The only thing I'm not able to understand why it is failing only as part of the job and not when executed manually.

Does anybody here has a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

Lucky

• Under what user name is the job running under?

😎

• Lynn Pettis (6/5/2008)

Under what user name is the job running under?

😎

Hello Lynn,

The job is running under a domain account which is existing on both the source and the destination servers even though they are on different domains and it is the same as the SQL Server Agent service account on the destination.

Thanks

Lucky

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply