DTS and Source Safe

• The company I work for has recently decided to use Source Safe on all of our DTS packages. To do this we save the package down as a .dts file and check it into SS. We've ran into a bump in the road though. When saving as a .dts file, we lose all of the test annotations we have for comments.

I've proposed just keeping all comments within an ActiveX object which would work.

I was just wondering if anyone else has run across this and figured out a better workaround.

This isn't incredibly urgent, but when you get a chance I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Jason

• You're referred to the textbox you drag/drop into the designer then add comments to it? Just tried one like that, saved as dts, then re-opened without losing anything.

Soon for a work around, but another option would be to save as a VB file, check that in.

Andy

• Andy,

Are you using 7.0 or 2000?

• Andy,

Is the text box your talking about in the side bar with the other DTS objects? I am currently working in 7.0 and don't have that object. What I'm using is a button on the menu bar marked "alb". The hover text says "Text Annotation". Could the object you're talking about be a custom task someone created?

I appreciate your help,

Jason

• Using SQL2K. I think it was the annotation one. You cant save directly to VB using 7.0, but there is a utility (on the CD I think) that will do it.

Andy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply