DTS Copy Error

• Hi,

I have created some packages on the development server and now trying to move it to the production server.  I was able to move most packages without any issues.  However, a few of them is giving an error.  Before I list the error, let me add that I am only able to open this package if I use the enterprise manager on the local server.  I am not able to open it from my desktop remotely.  When I try to open the package remotely, it gives the following error:

Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package

Error Description: Unspecified error

I was able to execute the package from the server locally and it executes without any errors.  When I try to execute it remotely, it again gives me the above error.

I was also able to save the package as Structured Storage File from the local (development) server and then tried to import it to the production server.  I can get upto the version selection option but as soon as I click OK, it gives the above dreadful message.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• DTS run with the configuration where you invoke it. the username password used  for the connection are use the one on the machine you invoke it.

• Thats not it.  I created the package and I am the one importing it.  The SQL Server uses windows authentication so I don't see a permissions issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply