DTS SCHEDULER

• I've created some DTS packages and saved them on the SQL server. The packages executed fine when I first created them. When I tried to run them as a local package they usually completed but came up with an assertion error after the last task completed. When I tried to run them off a schedule the job usually hung and didn't complete, once in a while it did complete. I then packaged the job and ran it as a windows administrator and it worked individually without an assertion error consistantly, but it still doesn't complete when run as a job in scheduler.

• A little more detail with regard to the original posting, the import uses Basis ODBC as the source and is importing into SQL.

• Do you have package logging enabled? Can you post the error messages?

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• I've had a similar issue, but didnt resolve it. I'd like to see what the causes of this could be. My solution was to rewrite the package and it then worked. The problem only happened for me after many edits to the same package.

-Isaiah

• I Have it enabled, steps succeed with a run status of 4 and then suddenly don't complete and have a status of 0 when the step doesn't complete.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply