DTS scheduling fails

• Hello all,

I have created a DTS package for processing cubes which is scheduled every midnight.

When i manuually execute the package , it runs without any error.

But, when shecduled it fails.

I am logged in as administrator on the machine.

Please suggest some solution for the problem.

regards,

deepti

• Hello Deepti,

It might be due to a permission issue. Are you creating any file on the remote location?

The DTS package owner is not having the relevant access to the network path. Please check the permissions and then proceed with the scheduling.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Lucky

• Hi Deepti

I was having the same problem but it happened when i select default default database in coonection property box but when i select my database name it works fine. You can also check this thing if your job is related with your database.

Thanks

• Deepti,

When you run a DTS package manually, the package is running under the context of your login on the computer you are running it from.

When you schedule a DTS package, the package runs under the context of the Owner (SQL Server Login) of the SQL Agent Job that schedules the DTS package.  It is usually a good idea to make SA the Owner of any SQL Agent job.

Check all permissions for the Owner of the SQL Agent Job.

• Also... if you are processing cubes the account it's running on might need to have permissions on the cubes (aka OLAP Administrator).

If you turn on package logging you may get a more meaningful error message?

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply