DTS Send Mail Task

• Hi All

This is my first message to this forum.

When is execute a DTS Package,I want to send a mail to a perticular person to tell that the DTS Package is executed sucessfully or not (I designed two Packages, one with Send Mail Task and other with Activex Scriptting).

In both the cases,i'm getting the same errors.

The Error message when I ran the Package :

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fullfill the messaging request.Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client"

The Error message when I execute the task :

"Initializing MAPI failed.Please make sure that you have massaging services installed on this system"

I've Microsoft Outlook, but i dont know how to make it as default mail client...i tried it but failed so many times.

So friends,please let me know how to solve the above problem.

Thanks and regards

vishnu

• Make sure that the account that sql server agent runs under is the same as the account that is set up in outlook on the server.

Logon to the server with that account and make sure the mail works in outlook.

Use enterprise manager, expand Support Services. Right click on sql mail - Properties - set to MS Exchange Server

In enterprise manager, expand management, right click on sql server agent, make sure the mail profile is also MS Exchange Server.

That's all there is to it.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• Have you tried using xp_sendmail from a sql task ?

Of course this requires that your server have an exchange account set up. I have several jobs that report failure or success through xp_sendmail, and it works like a charm.

-- M Kulangara

Mathew J Kulangara
    sqladventures.blogspot.com

• As an alternative (Especially if you dont have Exchange)

Try xp_smtpmail

http://www.sqldev.net./xp.htm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply